Change is difficult for many of us and returning to work, as our communities gradually open up, as we deal with re-entry into society, how can we do this without emotional break-downs?
Try taking baby steps to get used to change. To gradually ‘re-enter:’
- Spend a bit more time outside than your usual 10-minute walks
- Try going to the grocery store (properly protected)
- Return to work for a few hours each week, then gradually increase time spent at the workplace (properly protected)
- Rehearse ways you will protect yourself in various settings and situations before going out
- Anticipate feeling intermittent surges of anxiety as you re-enter