Professional Trainings and Seminars
VIRTUAL TRAINING on Friday May 21st, 2021 9:00AM-11:00AM (2 hours of training – You will be emailed ZOOM credentials)
Event: COVID-19 and It’s Impact On Human Trafficking
Speaker: David Manville, BSW – Eastern Michigan University, School of Social Work, Faculty Member
- Participants will understand the impact of Covid on human trafficking survivors
- Attendees will understand how Covid impacted the lack of resources for human trafficking survivors
- Participants will understand how the economic impact of Covid increased vulnerabilities of those trafficked
- Participants will gain understanding of the consequences on children due to Covid
VIRTUAL TRAINING on Friday June 11, 2021 9:00AM-12:00PM (You will be emailed ZOOM credentials)
Event: A New Paradigm for Addressing the Health and Wellness Needs of Men and Boys
Speaker: Randy Flood, MA LLP – Founder/Director of the Men’s Resource Center of West Michigan
- Increase awareness of how a toxic male socialization process cultivates gender specific mental, emotional, and behavioral health problems for males.
- Understand how a more precise diagnostic category—Mascupathy—explains the problems men have with their self-concept, emotional intelligence, intimacy skills, and propensity for externalization.
- Explore how toxic male socialization can lead to males having specific problems such as domestic violence, anger management, sexual acting out, and substance abuse.
- Review and explain how specialized gender sensitive treatment approaches can effectively engage and help males make progress in counseling.