Professional Trainings and Seminars
OCD ASSESSMENT TIPS AND DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS
- Identify at least three red flags and three common co-morbid disorders, and understand how to complete a formal assessment via the YBOCS.
- Identify ways to look for OCD in the initial intake appointment given the data you are already collecting via the MSE, presenting signs/symptoms, and history.
- Learn how to ask questions about thoughts, feelings, and behaviors differently and how to ask more specific questions to rule in or out OCD.
EXPOSURE AND RESPONSE PREVENTION FOR OCD
- Understand both the basics of ERP and the two theories (habituation and inhibitory learning) which explain why/how it works.
- Discuss two or three challenging treatment cases and ways to modify ERP
- Case Presentation by staff member
12:00pm-12:30pm – Break for lunch, video to be played during break.
- Identify typical thoughts, feelings, and behaviors associated with this sub-type of OCD.
- Discuss how to formulate a treatment plan for R-OCD and at least five major obstacles to effective ERP for this sub-type.
- Consider the case presentation of two brothers, both with ROCD, presented by Dr. Caretto.